Museums, Historical Sites and Markers
Sea Captain Theophilus Baker’s 1801 home, "Jericho"
90 Old Main Street, West Dennis
This historic full cape house built in 1801, and occupied by the Baker family until 1955, contains 19th century furnishings, textiles, paintings and keepsakes. Exhibits in the Barn Museum focus on farming. Tools and equipment from the 1800s are displayed, as well as remains of the salt works industry and a carriage that raced at Riverside Trotting Park. The General Store is a reminder of the important role such gathering places played in the community’s economic and social life. Of special interest is the cranberry exhibit which tells the 200-year-old story of cranberry cultivation; an industry that began in Dennis in 1816!